davis' mom's recipe

Here is my mom's recipe that I've been dying to try. I love my mom's cooking and I try to make the special comfort foods that she makes when she visits. This recipe for Spicy Siracha Chicken Wings is something I've been craving, so in lieu of Mother's Day I tried it out and I must say they are addictive. My mom says to pair this summer snack with a cold beer.


1-2 lbs of chicken wings (jumbo wings are best if you can get them)
1 C of Siracha hot sauce
2 tbsp of Hoisin sauce
1 tbsp of Ponzu sauce
2 tbsp of brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste

1. Cut off wing tips and separate wings in a bowl.

2. Whisk together all of sauces in a separate bowl.

3. Combine wings and Siracha mixture and evenly coat. Leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.

3. To cook, deep frying or shallow pan frying works best. Make sure the oil is at a medium-high temperature before frying. The hot oil will cook the marinade so be watchful that the wings do not burn.

4. Fry evenly for about 8-10 minutes or until dark brown and cooked through.

5. Remove excess oil by draining the wings on paper towel.

6. Serve with extra Siracha to dip, or alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment