* the spread
* sea salt and olive oil roasted potatoes
* prosciutto-wrapped apple slices
* garlic butter mushrooms
* davis' homemade whoopie pies! These were amazing!
cheese fondue recipe (enough to serve 6 people...barely)
500g cave-aged gruyere, grated
600g raclette, grated
100g raw milk emmentaler, grated
200g vacherin fribourgeois, grated
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 C white wine (I used Pinot Grigio)
1 tbsp lemon juice
pepper to taste
1 garlic clove, cut in half
1. Combine the grated cheeses and toss with the cornstarch
2. Rub your fondue pot with the garlic clove. If it's heat-proof, you can do the next step directly in the fondue pot, if not use an enamel pot.
3. Heat wine and lemon over medium heat until hot, but not boiling. Add the cheese a handful at a time making sure it's completely melted before adding the next handful. Stir with a wooden spoon using a figure eight motion. When all the cheese is melted season with pepper then place over heating source.
4. I served mine with sweet gherkins, French cornichons, sausage slices, pickled peppadew peppers, potatoes, mushrooms, bread cubes, soft pretzel bites, grapes and prosciutto-wrapped apples.