mmm...muffins.



I love a good simple muffin, especially when they're home baked. I'm not a big fan of healthy or over complicated muffins. I believe the more simple the better. Here is my favourite recipe for the best blueberry muffin. You probably won't stop eating them once they're baked so I suggest sharing these for a group brunch or host/hostess gift. Enjoy!

1/2 cup of butter (I use organic churned salted butter)
2 cups of flour
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
2 cups of blueberries (I use fresh that were previously frozen)
1 1/4 cup of sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk


1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Mix your flour and baking powder and set aside. Dust your blueberries in flour and take your vanilla extract and mix into your milk until ready.

2. Cube your room temperature butter and start mixing it with your sugar until fluffy. Add your eggs one at a time to your butter mixture. Take your flour mixture by adding it the butter while alternating with your milk. Do not over mix to keep your muffins moist.

3. Take your flour dusted blueberries and carefully fold them in until fully mixed. Line your muffin tin with muffin cups and generously spoon in your muffin mixture. Grease the outside of your pan to avoid burnt edges and sticking.

4. Bake for 30 minutes and alternate your pan at the 15 min mark. Cool your pan for about 15 minutes before serving.

* To add some crunch I add a sprinkle of brown sugar and sliced almonds. These are honestly the best moist muffins I love making!

No comments:

Post a Comment