changes + muffins

Lets start with the "changes" portion. I've decided to move my blogging over here. Why? No real reason other than I wanted a place where I could talk about other things than food if I wanted to (though lets face it, it'll mostly still be food.) I also wanted to play a bit with the design template and try to make my blog more reader-friendly. I'll probably still pop in here every once in a while though. We'll see how it goes!

Moving on.

These last couple of weeks I've been trying to eat a bit healthier since I know we'll be stuffing our faces to the max when we're on vacation. These bran muffins are great for breakfast, really filling and full of fibre. 



2 C flour (I use half all-purpose, half whole wheat)
4 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
3/4 C vegetable oil
1/4 C molasses
1 C brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 large eggs, beaten
2 C buttermilk
2 C bran
1 1/2 C frozen blueberries or 1 C raisins

1. Whisk together dry ingredients except for bran.

2. Whisk together wet ingredients. Add bran and stir together. Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until combined. Stir in blueberries.

3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, up to overnight. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, then lower to 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment