rodney's oyster house

Months ago I was invited to Rodney's for a media event hosted by New Brunswick Tourism. Everyone was treated to oysters galore and a whole lobster each. It was awesome (though slightly hard to talk to strangers when you're covered in lobster juices and sucking on a lobster leg). Earlier this week I re-visited Rodney's for dinner.

* patio view

* oyster menu

* a dozen oysters
clockwise from top: Lameque cocktail (N.B.); Kusshi (B.C.); Raspberry Point large choice (P.E.I.)
Starfish is my usual spot when it comes to oysters, but Rodney's oysters were just as fresh and the selection was just as big. My favs were the Raspberry Points and the Kusshi. I love me some briny bivalves.

* sauces for oysters

* panko-crusted soft shell clams + fries (special)
These lightly breaded clams were huge and super sweet (like good clams should taste). I don't remember the last time I had deep-fried clams, so this was a special treat for me. Visions of clam rolls have been racing through my head ever since.

* fish & chips (special)
This fish was flaky and the batter was crunchy, yet not heavy. Definitely one of the better fish and chips I've had in the city. Plus those frites! Thin (but not brittle), well-seasoned, and they didn't taste like the bottom of a deep-fryer! So good.

Rodney's
469 King St. W

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm! I feel like going for some oysters right now!

    ReplyDelete