union square cafe's bar nuts

Apparently some people go to the Union Square Cafe just for their bar nuts. I've never been, but found a recipe online and adjusted it a bit. Sweet, salty and spicy, I think these nuts would pair nicely with a cold beer on a hot summer day. You can find the original recipe here.


1 lb unsalted mixed nuts (I used cashews, almonds, walnuts and pecans)
2 tbsp fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped (I wouldn't substitute dry)
1 tsp cayenne
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp kosher salt
2 tbsp melted butter

1. Preheat oven to 350. Place nuts on a sheet pan and roast in the oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.

2. In a large bowl, combine rosemary, cayenne, brown sugar, salt and melted butter.

3. Toss the warm nuts with the spiced butter. Serve warm.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so trying this. You know what might taste good too...substituting the rosemary for cajun or something equally firey. I LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opps somehow my eyes skipped the cayenne (good thing I just got a prescription for glasses). This recipe sounds perfect indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad and I just made these and they are great! Easy and quick to make. I accidentally doubled the amount of cayenne pepper though so they are a bit much, we recommend that lots of beer be drunk with them. I had my doubts about the rosemary but it is really nice. We found Kosher salt in Cobourg but maybe they seem just a touch too salty? Unless I accidentally added too much of this too . . . hmmm. All in all excellent work V!

    ReplyDelete