1 1/2 C all purpose flour
1/4 C dry milk powder
1 tbsp sugar
1 package yeast
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
1 C water
4 tbsp butter
3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
finely chopped parsley
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add all of the dry ingredients and mix. Add the olive oil and water and mix. Switch to the dough hook attachment and knead for about 7 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic. Place in a slightly greased bowl, cover, and let rise for about 1 1/2 hours or until it's doubled in size.
2. Divide dough into 10 equal pieces and shape into 10-inch long ropes. Tie each rope into a loose knot and tuck ends into the centre. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cover and let rise for another hour or until very puffy.
3. Uncover the knots and bake at 350 for about 15-17 minutes (they should not be very brown).
4. In the meantime, make the garlic butter by melting the butter in a small pot. Add garlic and let sit at low for one minute (garlic should not brown at all). Remove from heat and add parsley.
5. When the knots are done, brush them with the garlic butter or place them in a bowl and pour butter over top and toss. Serve these warm!
*If you want to make these ahead of time, bake them and then let them cool. Wrap each one individually and place in the freezer. Let them thaw then wrap them in foil and place in a 350 oven for 5 minutes or until warm. Then go ahead with step #4 & 5.