1 1/2 C crushed digestive cookies (or graham crackers)
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C melted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Stir together the crushed cookies, sugar and butter. Press evenly into a glass pie dish (or an 8-inch square baking dish). Bake until golden, about 10-15 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
3 large egg yolks
1 1/2 tsp finely grated lime zest
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
2/3 C freshly squeezed lime juice (about 8 limes)
1. Using an electric mixer, whisk together the yolks and lime zest on high speed until very thick, about 5 minutes.
2. Reduce speed to medium and ad the condensed milk in a slow and steady stream, mixing constantly. Raise speed to high and mix until thick, about 5 minutes.
3. Reduce speed to low and add lime juice. Mix until just combined.
4. Spread filling over cooled crust. Bake until just set, about 10 minutes. Rotate the pan halfway through to ensure even cooking. Let cool completely on a wire rack and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight.
1/2 C whipping cream
1 tbsp sugar
1. With an electric mixer, whip cream and sugar on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread over pie.