spa-ghetto pie

One time in highschool I was at my friend Heather's house and we had spaghetti pie for dinner. It was the only time I'd ever encountered such a pie. It was good (even though I remember that Heather accidentally put tomato soup in the pie rather than tomato sauce—apparently my mind traps lots of useless and random memories). Now many, many years later, I decided to re-create this pie of pasta, sauce and cheese (sans tomato soup). It actually turned out quite good, kind of like a lasagna.


about 8 ounces of cooked, drained spaghetti noodles
2 eggs, beaten
2 tbsp butter, melted
1/3 C grated parmesan cheese
1 1/3 C tomato sauce (I used homemade with mushrooms and ground beef)
1 C cottage cheese
1 C mozzarella cheese, grated
1 tbsp parsley, chopped

1. Grease a pie plate with a bit of butter. Combine noodles, eggs and parmesan cheese in a bowl and mix well. Press noodle mixture into pie plate and push to form crust.

2. Spread cottage cheese over the noodle crust. Pour tomato sauce over the cottage cheese layer. Top the pie with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with a bit of chopped parsley.

3. Bake covered for 15 minutes on 375. Take off cover and bake for an additional 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment