2 1/2 C flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 sticks of cold butter, cut into cubes
about 5-6 tbsp ice cold water
1. In a food processor pulse flour and salt. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles crumbs. Add 5 tbsp of water and pulse until mixture is moist enough that when pressed together they form a dough. Add more water if needed.
2. Turn mixture out onto a surface. Add press together into a dough ball. Divide in half and shape into two, one-inch thick disks. Place in the fridge for at least one hour or up to one day.
3. Roll each disk into two 1/4-inch thick rounds.
3 C chicken, shredded (I used drumsticks that I roasted in the oven)
3 carrot, chopped
1 1/2 C mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, grated
1/3 C frozen peas
1/4 C frozen corn
1 tsp dry thyme
1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
3 tbsp flour
1 1/2 C chicken broth
1/2 C milk
salt and pepper
1 egg, beaten
1. In a large skillet, saute onions over medium heat until soft. Add mushrooms, carrots, thyme and garlic and saute until carrots are almost fork tender.
2. Sprinkle flour over mixture and cook for 2 minutes. Pour chicken broth and milk over mixture and stir until the flour has dissolved and sauce begins to thicken. Add chicken and peas and corn. Cook until mixture is thick and everything has heated through (if mixture seems to thick add a bit more milk or broth).
3. Add parsley at the very end and add salt and pepper to your taste. Let cool for at least 20 minutes.
4. Place bottom pie crust in a 10-inch pie plate. Pour filling into crust. Top with second pie crust and pinch edges. Brush the top with a beaten egg. Bake at 375 for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until crust golden. Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting.